CHEMICAL DISEASE IN CHICKEN
BỆNH ADENOVIRUS TRÊN GÀ
Chicken inclusion hepatitis is an infectious disease caused by adenovirus. The disease has the scientific name of Hepatitis Avium - ie hepatitis inclusion - abbreviated IBH, characterized by anemia, hemorrhage and hepatitis.
1. Causes of disease
There are 3 strains of adenovirus that cause chicken disease:
+ Strain 1: is the cause of diseases:
- Mild respiratory disease.
- Inclusion hepatitis in chickens.
- Angara disease (a disease that causes inflammation of the liver with fluid accumulation in the heart).
+ Strain 2: causes hemorrhagic enteritis in turkeys.
+ Strain 3: egg drop disease, reduced laying in chickens – EDS.
- Due to different reasons for looking at the disease, scientists are now grouping hepatitis gallinarum and inclusion hepatitis into a single disease called viral hepatitis gallinarum.
Hepatitis Adenovirus Shape
2. Epidemiological characteristics
- Inclusion hepatitis in chickens is usually seen in chickens from 1 to 20 weeks of age and is most severe in chickens from 2 to 6 weeks old.
- The disease usually appears mainly in the summer.
- All poultry breeds, chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese, quails, etc. can be infected.
- The morbidity rate is only about 20- 30% out of the total cast, in which the mortality rate is usually 1-10%. If transplanted with other diseases, the mortality rate can be 20- 30% or higher depending on the graft disease.
- Adenovirus pathogens enter the body mainly through the mouth and respiratory tract.
3. Transmission route of hepatitis inclusions in chickens
- Vertical transmission from mother to child through the egg embryo.
- Transmitted through ingestion, inhalation.
4. Clinical symptoms
- Inclusion hepatitis in chickens occurred very suddenly, progressed rapidly, mortality increased rapidly, but only after 5-7 days the chickens returned to normal health according to the bell or Parapol diagram.
- Besides the chickens with clinical and pathological symptoms, the majority of the remaining chickens are still eating, drinking and healthy normally.
- The clinical manifestations are usually nonspecific, moody, ruffled feathers, neck retraction, lazy to walk, quick death or quick recovery, the disease goes into the latent state, sick chickens become carriers.
5. Typical lesions
In contrast to the clinical manifestations, the picture of the lesions of hepatitis inclusions in chickens is very clear, characterized by:
- The pectoral muscle is white like boiled meat, bleeding in streaks like Gumboro disease.
- The liver is enlarged and fragile, and there are many large round or necrotic purpura spots just below the liver.
- The heart swims in a dense, yellowish dialysis bag with a lot of inflammatory fluid.
6. Differential diagnosis
- The stools are known with Gumboro disease, along with muscle streaking, but gumboro disease also bleeds the fabricius sac, and the muscle is not as white as boiled meat.
- The disease can be confused with hematoma. The dialysis fluid in chicken inclusion hepatitis is more dense and denser than in chicken coccidiosis.
- The disease can be confused with fatty liver hemorrhagic syndrome. Chicken liver in inclusion hepatitis is extensive bleeding, while fatty liver hemorrhagic syndrome hemorrhagic hematoma.
7. Solution for disease prevention
- There is currently no vaccine.
- Eggs from chickens infected with hepatitis inclusion should not be used for incubation, because the disease is transmitted vertically through the egg embryo.
- Implement high biosecurity breeding.
- Regular use from 1 day old ICO-ANTI VIRUS dose of 1 ml/5-10 kg of chicken body weight, let the flock drink 1 week 5 days, especially at the stage of 2-6 weeks old.
- Regular use from 1 day old ICO-ANTI-INFECTION herbal dose of 1 ml/5-10 kg of chicken body weight, let the flock drink 1 week 5 days, especially at the age of 2-6 weeks.
- Inclusion hepatitis in chickens often occurs in the hot summer. Therefore, people use ICO-ACID ORGANIC LEMON, with a dose of 1g/2 liters of water for chickens to drink from 9am to 4pm, to help fight heat and prevent viruses from entering through the mouth.
- Once a week, use ICO-NANO TECH AG+ for 2 days, use 1 ml/1 liter of water for chickens to drink.
8. Solution for disease treatment
- Separation of sick and diseased chickens.
- Use ICO-MEN SHOCKET to treat pathogens that are discharged into the floor of the barn. Yeast sprinkled with antibiotic strains, vegetative fighting will destroy pathogens in cages, treat toxic gases. Especially using yeast to sprinkle the barn does not cause heat on the floor of the barn in the summer.
- Use ICO-ANTI VIRUS Mix in drinking water with a dose of 1ml/3 kg of chicken body weight, to fight Adenovirus, limit the replication of the virus, stimulate the immune system to completely destroy pathogens, prevent disease spread, detoxify recovery liver and kidney function.
- Use ICO-ACID ORGANIC LEMON ONLY mixed in water with a dose of 1g/5 kg of chicken body weight, to kill pathogens in food, drinking water, detoxify liver and kidneys.
- Use ICO-HERBAL ANTI-INFECTIONS Mix in water with a dose of 1 ml / 5 kg of chicken body weight, to fight inflammation, prevent irreversible lesions.
- The three products are mixed at the same time for the chickens to drink continuously for 5-7 days with the above dose and reduce the dose according to the preventive dose until the hepatitis inclusion disease in chickens is completely controlled, the chickens are fully recovered and healthy.
- One meal of ICO-NANO TECH AG+, dose of 1 ml/1 liter of water for chickens to drink, continuous use for 5-7 days. Simultaneously spray outside the chicken raising environment, the dose is 4 ml / 1 liter of clean water, spray to wet the surface.
- After the chicken is cured, we should use the above prevention solution.
The article is referenced to the documents of Assoc. Prof. Dr. Le Van Nam.
Thank you !
Post author: Dova Hung